- Understand the purpose of documentation regarding patient illness or injury, plan of care, and clinical justification for skilled treatment intervention.
- Understand the documentation process.
- Define component parts and requirements of the therapy evaluation.>
- Discuss patient-specific interview questions to develop various component parts of the evaluation and pertinent patient information.
- Understand requirements for identifying objective measurements regarding Transmittal 63 and the use of informal and standardized assessment instruments.
- Determine how to devise a treatment plan.
- Understand and develop key elements and requirements of the daily encounter note.
- Define elements and requirements of progress notes and re-certifications.
- Develop component parts and requirements of the discharge note.
- Discuss requirements of patient screens in a SNF.
- Determine required elements of patient orders.
- Define regulations and requirements
for group/concurrent treatment related to:
• Medicare part A
• Medicare part B