Agencies with a census of 100 could lose $250,000 over 5 years. If you plan to be around in 2018, the time to act is NOW!!
Your agency could lose approximately $133 dollars per patient per episode if you do not take appropriate action now to help determine how your payments will be affected starting in 2018.
The CMS model is designed to have Medicare-Certified agencies compete against other agencies within their state. Each competing agencies’ total performance score will be calculated from a set of measures already reported via the Outcome Assessment Information Set (OASIS) and Home Health Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HHCAHPS) for all patients serviced by the HHA, or determined by claims data, plus 3 new measures where points are achieved for merely reporting data.
- The highest performing agencies will receive an increase in reimbursement payments.
- The lowest performing agencies will receive a reduction in their reimbursement payments.
Payment adjustments will be made to each HHPPS final claim.
How HealthWare Helps!
- We evaluate your scores now and a deliver them to you while there is still something you can do about it. With Home Care Compare this data is already two quarters behind and already submitted so it’s too late to affect the results.
- Provide insight into your competition and compare it to your current quarters data.
- Visualizations that let you clearly see where you stand and where you are going.
- See trends not only in completed episodes, but also episodes in progress while there is still time to affect the outcome.
- We help you evaluate processes for efficiency, effectiveness, consistency and quality.
- Determine an action plan based on your data.
- Help you track your progress.
Want even more?
HealthWare is the ONLY home health software and services company to offer complete back office and point of care solutions plus VBP Analysis and Consulting services.
HealthWare starts helping you with VBP at the point of care with InTouch our tablet based point of care software solution that collects VBP data.
Using HealthWare Clinical forms and InTouch to collect data not only at OASIS time points but also during non-OASIS visits provides valuable additional data while you still have time to act if you see patients declining.
Clinical Assistant, our real time QA tool, provides clinicians with insights into your clinical data, including your VBP measures allowing them to make a more consistent and informed scoring decisions.
Automated submission to the our VBP Analysis Service.
Calculation based on analysis of agencies with a census of approximately 50 to 500.
We have a track-record for moving forward with change. Our commitment to you, as it always has been, is to be on top of the current technology and utilize it to adapt to these changes. We have the tools in place and we extend our hand with our products, services, analytics, consulting and support to help you succeed through this challenge that is Value Based Purchasing. We get it! We have done our homework and we can help.
Value-Based Purchasing is a very difficult and highly critical challenge for every agency, but you do not have to do it alone!